The ACPN is a website founded to support Australian coloured pencil artists and raise the profile of coloured pencil art in Australia.
The ACPN includes this website as well as a newslettter, facebook & flickr group, directory and various other outlets to provide resources, community, marketing opporutnities and connections between those in the Austraila coloured pencil community. It is a virtual space to help grow the Australian industry and connect pencil related products and information directly with the artists specific to Australia.
The ACPN is a group for Australian and New Zealand Coloured Pencil Artists of all levels. It is a coming together of people through the website, newsletter, directory and social media so that we can connect with one another, share resources and collaborate as a community around coloured pencils and our common thread is that we also come from Australia & New Zealand.
Originating from my own journey as a coloured pencil artist, through the network I am passionate to also encourage coloured pencil artists (of all levels) to grow increase the profile and increase opportunities for everyone.
This website and its collaborative projects are fulfilled by me. So please visit me on my website at www.creativehardt.com.au to support my own arts practice so that i can continue to accommodate the ACPN.
I am always asked – Is there an Australian Coloured Pencil Society?
Short answer is No. We are however your closest thing.
The ACPN is a group of people united by a common interest – coloured pencils in Australia and New Zealand.
As a group, we have discussed becoming a society multiple times.
The conclusion has been the logistics of running a formal society are a little trickier than that of a group. At present time geography and time commitment needed to run a society is not currently possible. I like to think that what we have formed is the next best thing while we continue to grow and in the future if we get enough support we will be able to have a network of people to unite us all in our common coloured pencil endeavours.
The AusCP Network is a community group for those interested in coloured pencil art.
We invite you if you are interested in coloured pencils and live in Australia or New Zealand, please accept our open invitation to join our community to connect with other enthusiasts. There are number of ways you can be involved.
What are the opportunities, that the ACPN has to offer you?
If you are a beginner or learning you might like:
(click on the links to go there)
- Connect with other ACP artists in our facebook group (participate in our monthly inspiration challenge) or
- Become a ACPN member (for free) and post in our forum. Post your work get help / feedback here also.
- Like our page on facebook and follow updates and news posted to our blog.
- Join our newsletter (currently comes out quarterly) for important news.
- Read our Beginners Tips articles on our website, and find links to other resources throughout the internet about coloured pencils.
- Find out about workshops, events etc through our website.
If you are a professional* coloured pencil artist, you might like any of the above and/or:
* Professional is that you are marketing your art to sell, teaching or attending workshops, entering competitions or you are a supplier/manufacturer of coloured pencil related products.
- **Become a featured ACPN member – have your artwork / listed on our network.
- Upload your work to our members gallery.
- List your website / details in our ACP directory this is Free for a basic listing. This is how you can find other artists in your local area and increase CP artist profiles.
- **Send your marketing information and be promoted through our network.
- Send your work in for consideration for our end of year calendar. Keep an eye out for a call for entries.
- Enter into our online exhibition, we have been holding these for the past 5 years with some great prizes. (Call for entries happen in about September)
- If you are a tutor, send your information for your workshop to be promoted.
- **If you are a blogger we would love to see how we can support one another.
- If you are a instagramer, #auscp or connect with us on @auscp to have your work featured on the site and for us to promote you through instagram.
- If you are having an exhibition we would love to share your information to help you get the word out.
- You can also place a link to your website through advertising on our website, newsletter or directory for a small fee. This fee helps the upkeep of the ACPN.
There are lots of ways you can be involved, I have tried to accommodate for a variety of people in a few different ways, as people will use the internet differently and there is so many ways we can connect with one another. Ultimately it all comes down to a central place which is this website from which you can then go through to anyone of our avenues as what works for you.
If you are interested in helping to sponsor or support our network please visit our Sponsorship page. If you are a industry body or professional artist and have information of interest to our users please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry we would love to share you information within our network.
Please make sure you also read our website Terms of Website Use.